On 2013/10/22 07:18 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
... and
it is surely an improvement over the current state of raid56 in btrfs,
so it might be a good idea to put it in.
I suspect the issue is that, while it sortof works, we don't really want to push people to use it half-baked. This is reassuring work, however. Maybe it would be nice to have some half-baked code *anyway*, even if Chris doesn't put it in his pull requests juuust yet. ;)
So far, I've put more than
1TB of data on that failing disk with 16 partitions on raid6, and
somehow I got all the data back successfully: every file passed an
md5sum check, in spite of tons of I/O errors in the process.
Is this all on a single disk? If so it must be seeking like mad! haha