On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:20:19 +0200
David Sterba <dste...@suse.cz> wrote:

> > However, it's not possible to work with this system via SSH, because
> > these keep popping up few times every minute:
>
> Probably only some of the files that get accessed during ssh login is
> corrupted, but the scrub does not get far enough to let you know the
> filenames. You can try to look into 'lsof' output which files are open
> by sshd or it's children.

It's not the case.
Files in btrfs mount are not accessed in any way - the scrub was
started after restart, and there is no way anything on this system can
accidentally access data there. This is further confirmed by lsof
output.

> >  kernel:[22219.117012] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#2 stuck for 23s!
> > [btrfs:5673] kernel:[22247.100515] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck
> > for 23s! [btrfs:5674] kernel:[22247.100519] BUG: soft lockup -
> > CPU#2 stuck for 23s! [btrfs:5673]
>
> Cpus 0 and 2 are stuck and every other attempt to access the broken
> files will pin another cpu.

Scrub was running for some time; after scrubbung about 2.8 TB, the
system was so slow, that it was barely possible to launch any command.

"reboot" issued via ssh took ~8 hours to execute.

A new scrub started after the reboot immediately begins to show "BUG:
soft lockup - CPU#2 stuck for 23s!".

Anyway, it is RAID-1 - I would expect the scrub to either correct
corrupt data (from a copy on the other disk), or mark it as invalid
(both copies corrupt), but not "nearly hang" the server, or?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org