On Jan 3, 2014, at 5:33 AM, Marc MERLIN <m...@merlins.org> wrote:

> Would it be possible for whoever maintains btrfs-tools to change both
> the man page and the help included in the tool to clearly state that
> running the fsck tool is unlikely to be the right course of action
> and talk about btrfs-zero-log as well as mount -o recovery?

The problem FAQ doesn't even mention btrfsck so I think people are just getting
around that page or making assumptions.
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Problem_FAQ

Should btrfs check (btrfsck without --repair) work similar to xfs_repair when
the file system is not cleanly unmounted? If an XFS volume is not cleanly
unmounted, running xfs_repair will instruct the user to first mount the volume
so that the journal is replayed, then umount the volume, then run xfs_repair.

A possible variant of this for btrfs check: inform the user the first step in
repairing a problem Btrfs volume is to use -o recovery, for more information
see Btrfs FAQ <url> for additional problem solving recommendations.

?

Chris Murphy--