Hi all!

I am trying to create a very simple script that would alert in case of
disk failures from a RAID Btrfs.

Digging into the code, I have noticed that the "btrfs fi sh" command
should display a warning if there is a missing disk. However, testing in
a Qemu, I used "drive_del" via QMP to remove a "live" SCSI drive,
already mounted as part of a RAID10 array, the "fi sh" command still
gave no indication that the drive is missing. Then, I tried removing a
scsi disk from the host via "echo 1 >/sys/block/sdX/device/delete" to
actually make the kernel SCSI host forget about it, and "fi sh" still
doesn't show anything.

I have tested using btrfs-progs v3.12 and kernel 3.13.0.

Do you guys know what's wrong with the setup explained above or do you
have any indication on how to detect if there is a failing disk, part of
a Btrfs RAID?

Cheers,
Alin.