Hello everyone,

I have a question: What exactly does the value for "no_csum" mean when doing a scrub with the -R option? Example output:

> sudo btrfs scrub start -BR /

scrub done for ...
  csum_errors: 0
  verify_errors: 0
  no_csum: 70517
  csum_discards: 87381
  super_errors: 0

In the btrfs header, I found the following comment for the "no_csum" field of the btrfs_scrub_progress struct:

"# of 4k data block for which no csum is present, probably the result of data written with nodatasum"

So my question is, why does scrub show a high (i.e. non-zero) value for no_csum? I never enabled nodatasum or a similar option.

Best regards
Sebastian