On Mar 4, 2014, at 5:27 PM, Mike Russo <m...@papersolve.com> wrote:

> I'm sure this is due to the ext4 conversion, but that means the utility is
> making a btrfs filesystem that later can't be converted to another profile
> for some reason.

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Conversion_from_Ext3

"But still, the new filesystem inherits the block placement and file data
fragmentation. It is highly recommended to do full defragmentation and full
rebalance before first use. It's not required, but will have impact on
performance."

Did you do a defrag and balance after ext4>btrfs conversion, but before
data/metadata profile conversion?

Chris Murphy