On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 01:48:00PM +0630, chandan wrote:
> The earlier patchset posted by Chandra Seethraman was to get 4k
> blocksize to work with ppc64's 64k PAGE_SIZE.

Are we talking about metadata block sizes or data block sizes?

> The root node of "tree root" tree has 1957 bytes being written by
> make_btrfs() (in btrfs-progs).  Hence I chose to do 2k blocksize for
> the initial subpagesize-blocksize work. So with this patchset the
> supported blocksizes would be in the range 2k-64k.

So it's metadata blocks, and in this case 2k looks like the only
allowed size that's smaller than 4k, and thus can demonstrage sub-page
size allocations. I'm not sure if this is limiting for potential future
extensions of metadata structures that could be larger.

2k is ok for testing purposes, but I think a 4k-page machine will hardly
use a smaller page size. The more that 16k metadata blocks are now
default.