On 2014/03/22 09:44 PM, Brendan Hide wrote:
On 2014/03/21 07:29 PM, Marc MERLIN wrote:

Hi, Marc

Feel free to use ideas from my own script. Some aspects in my script are more mature and others are frankly pathetic. ;)

There are also quite a lot of TODOs throughout my script that aren't likely to get the urgent attention they deserve. It has been slowly evolving over the last two weeks.

http://swiftspirit.co.za/scripts/btrfs-snd-rcv-backup

I forgot to include some notes:

The script depends on a "config" file at /etc/btrfs-backup/paths.conf which is supposed to contain the paths as well as some parameters. At present the file consists solely of the following paths as these are all separate subvolumes in my test system:
"/
/home
/usr
/var
"

The snapshot names on source and backup are formatted as below. This way, daylight savings doesn't need any special treatment:
__2014-03-17-23h00m01s+0200
__2014-03-18-23h00m01s+0200
__2014-03-19-23h00m01s+0200
__2014-03-20-23h00m02s+0200