ERROR: cannot snapshot '/home' - Read-only file system

The above error occurs when a read-only snapshot already exists.

I think it would be better if the target name had to be fully qualified and
gave an error "path already
exists" or something similar.  While the current behavior mimics the operation
of mv and is surely
considered a feature by some people, I don't think that mimicing mv is that
great a feature and the
current operation gives misleading errors when a snapshot exists.  I just had
errors from a bunch of
systems when daylight savings ended and it would have saved me some time if
the error was clearer.

If we are going to mimic traditional Unix commands then I think it would be
good to have functionality
analogous to "mkdir -p" so that next year my cron jobs just quietly don't try
to make snapshots twice.

Thanks