Hi,

In the quest for BTRFS and performance, and having received the advice to
"chattr +C" my akonadi DB directory to make it noCow, I would like to be sure
about what will happen when I take a snapshot of the concerned BTRFS
subvolume.

1/ Being noCow, will the database be modified in the snapshot as well,
efectively defeating the snapshot ?

2/ Being snapshotted, will the database be COWed even though it's supposed to
be noCow ?

3/ Are both options mutually incompatible in some more osbcure ways ?

I'd like to know where I'm going with this ;-)

TIA and kind regards.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <sw...@petaramesh.org> http://petaramesh.org PGP 9076E32E