On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Christoph Hellwig <h...@infradead.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:36:23AM +0100, Filipe David Manana wrote:
>> The xattr is needed for the case where an acl is inherited. And 5
>> units are required for orphan insertion (see comment on top of
>> btrfs_orphan_add).
>> I'll update the comment.
>
> I don't think think a tmpfile should inherit any ACL, as it does not
> have a parent.  Anyway, we're currently having a discussion on that on
> various lists including linux-fsdevel.

Interesting Christoph.
I was following the ext4 implementation initially.

So it seems the question is still open, and none of the following
alternatives is decided yet (unless I missed something in the thread
at fsdevel):

1) inherit acl from directory passed to the tmpfile handler;
2) inherit acl at link time from directory we're linking to;
3) don't inherit acls

Thanks for the heads up.

--
Filipe David Manana,