On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Marc MERLIN <m...@merlins.org> wrote:

>> > Thanks.
>> > https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Contributors
>> > Updated :)
>>
>> There are lots of contributors with the same small amout of patches
>> contributed and are not listed there.  This is first time I hear about
>> Netgear being a contributor and it looks strange to see that name among
>> the major contributors.
>>
>> If there's demand to list all the minor contributors, then let's add a
>> separate section, otherwise I'm going to remove the entry.
>
> Mmmh. So I'm not Jon Corbet who has all those fancy honed scripts + non
> trivial time he spends doing this by hand.
>
> That said, my goal was not to say which company gave the most
> contributions and try and rank them.
> Honestly, right now any company that is using btrfs and contributing to
> it is a great thing in my book.
> I'm not even a fan of counting number of lines or frequency of patches.
> How do you compare someone sending easy cleanup patches vs someone who
> spent a month tracking down a file corruption problem no one could find
> nor fix, and sends a 3 line patch to fix it in the end?

+1

For such a small community I think it would be a mistake to have
arbitrary quality or quantity
thresholds for "who deserves to be on the list".

I think you should list everyone. Even if they only sent a single
patch to fix a typo in a comment.
If they sent a patch, then it means they care about the code base and
then they should be on the list.

> But eh, I'm just one guy and and it's just my opinion :)

Me too.