On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 04:22:36PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 06:07:51PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> > If precisely one of those bitflips puts the broken key back into order
> > relative to its two neighbours, we probably have a fix for the bitflip,
> > and so we write it back to the FS.
>
> This sounds safe enough to me.  I'll add the patch to integration but
> before I push it further upstream I'd really like to see the bitflip fix
> in action, so if you already have testing images, please let me know.

   Here's the one I mostly used to test with -- it's a 32 GiB sparse
full filesystem image, with a file full of zeroes in it. It has a
single bitflip in the csum tree created by hand with a hex editor, and
then the csum fixed up afterwards, again by hand.

   Hugo.

[1] http://carfax.org.uk/files/temp/testfs.img.tar.gz

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
     --- I don't care about "it works on my machine". We are not ---
                         shipping your machine.