On 2014/05/18 02:05 PM, Hugo Mills wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 03:04:33PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
    I don't have any real suggestions for alternatives coming from my
experience, other than "not this". I've used docbook for man pages
briefly, many years ago. Looking around on the web, reStructuredText
might be a good option. Personally, I'd like to write docs in LaTeX,
but I'm not sure how easy it is to convert that to man pages.

    Hugo.

What I have read so far indicates that LaTeX is the simplest most beautiful way to create portable documentation - and that exporting to a man page is simple. I can't vouch for it except to say that it is worth investigating.