On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 02:50:10PM +0100, Astro Xe wrote:

> On my box, the "used" value in the output of "btrfs filesystem df" is not
> updated in a timely manner, after that one or more subvolumes have been
> deleted. I need to execute "btrfs filesystem sync", in order to update the
> value.
>
> How do I fix this? Or, could someone fix this in btrfs-progs, please?

   I've not tested this, but I think you need one of the two -c/-C
options to btrfs sub del, which perform a synchronous delete. Once the
command returns, you can be assured that the subvolume has actually
been deleted and any extents freed up.

> I suspect the cause is that subvolumes are marked immediately as deleted, but
> cleaned up at a later time, is this right?

   Correct.

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
      --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 10: Business Ethics ---