On 2014/05/21 06:15 AM, Qu Wenruo wrote:
[snip]
 Further on top of your check_missing patch I am writing
 code to to handle disk reappear. I should be sending them
 all soon.
Disk reappear problem is also reproduce here.

I am intersting about how will your patch to deal with.
Is your patch going to check super genertion to determing previously missing device and
wipe reappeared superblock?(Wang mentioned it in the mail in Jan.)

With md we have the bitmap feature that helps prevent resynchronising the entire disk when doing a "re-add". Wiping the superblock is *better* than what we currently have (corruption) - but hopefully the end goal is to be able to have it re-add *without* introducing corruption.

IMO the reappear disk problem can also be resolved by not swap tgtdev->uuid and srcdev->uuid,
which means tgtdev will not use the same uuid of srcdev.

Thanks,
Qu

Thanks, Anand