On 06/07/2014 03:34 AM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-06-03 at 19:03 +0200, Goffredo Baroncelli wrote:
>> There is (was ?) a project to address that: richacl
>> http://www.bestbits.at/richacl/. This is not a btrfs project, but a
>> linux kernel project because from a filesystem  POV the
>> implementation requires to store some information in a extended
>> attributes: the check is performed at the VFS level.
>
>>> Now one could create a RAID5 on them, but apparently sda1 and
>>> sda2 are on the same disk... so I'd like a way to tell btrfs that
>>> these are the "same" and not really that redundant.
>>
>> Hugo Mill worked on something related to that [1]
>>
>> [1] "Thoughts on RAID nomenclature"
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg33782.html
>

> Thanks for the info... should I put those 3 ideas to the
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Project_ideas page? Or is
> that just meant to be edited by the developers?

You can add new ideas to the wiki pages, supporting by link and other info were
available. This is the real nature of the wiki pages.

However I am still convinced richacl/nfs4 acl are not strictly related to a
specific filesystem.

BR

--
gpg @keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli (kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint BBF5 1610 0B64 DAC6 5F7D  17B2 0EDA 9B37 8B82 E0B5