On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 11:09:53AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hello!
>
> This is with 3.16-rc4 – stepped back to this one after having two hangs in
> one
> day with 3.16-rc5, see other thread started by me:
>
> martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/undeletable/db_data> ls -lid akonadi
> 450598 drwx------ 1 martin martin 1232 Jun 22 14:11 akonadi
> martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/undeletable/db_data> ls -lai akonadi
> insgesamt 0
> 450598 drwx------ 1 martin martin 1232 Jun 22 14:11 .
> 450595 drwxr-xr-x 1 martin martin   14 Jun 22 14:11 ..
> martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/undeletable/db_data> LANG=C rmdir akonadi
> rmdir: failed to remove 'akonadi': Directory not empty
> martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/undeletable/db_data#1> LANG=C rm -r akonadi
> rm: cannot remove 'akonadi': Directory not empty
> martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/undeletable/db_data#1> LANG=C rm -rf akonadi
> rm: cannot remove 'akonadi': Directory not empty
> martin@merkaba:~/Zeit/undeletable/db_data#1>
>

> Whats this?
>
> I had this weeks ago already and just moved it out of the way at that time,
> just now stumbled upon it again.

   That is symptomatic of a bug from a couple of kernel versions ago
(now fixed, so it won't happen again). It it is that bug, then btrfs
check will report something along the lines of "directory isize
wrong", and the problem can be fixed by running a btrfs check
--repair. If you get anything else from btrfs check (or it checks
cleanly), then let us know first.

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
      --- If you see something, say nothing and drink to forget ---