Hi Sebastian,

I posted a similar question and got many helpful answers:
https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org/msg35047.html

Basically, you cannot guarantee that the computing mounting /dev/sdx
doesn't write to arbitrary addresses of /dev/sdxN as unallocated
blocks and thus corrupting the file system on it (I assume sdxN in
your example is a sub volume of sdx).