On 2014-10-21 05:29, Duncan wrote:
David Sterba posted on Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:34:03 +0200 as excerpted:

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 01:33:37PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
I'd like to make it default with the 3.17 release of btrfs-progs.
Please let me know if you have objections.

For the record, 3.17 will not change the defaults. The timing of the
poll was very bad to get enough feedback before the release. Let's keep
it open for now.

FWIW my own results agree with yours, I've had no problem with skinny-
metadata here, and it has been my default now for a couple backup-and-new-
mkfs.btrfs generations, now.

As you know there were some problems with it in the first kernel cycle or
two after it was introduced as an option, and I waited awhile until they
died down before trying it here, but as I said, no problems since I
switched it on, and I've been running it awhile now.

So defaulting to skinny-metadata looks good from here. =:^)

Same here, I've been using it on all my systems since I switched from 3.15 to 3.16, and have had no issues whatsoever.