On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Julien Muchembled <j...@jmuchemb.eu> wrote:
Hello,

I upgraded my kernel from 3.15.10 to 3.17.2 and after a while, btrfs kworkers started to read/write data at maximum speed for hours whereas I was doing nothing. So I rebooted with kernel 3.15.10 and hopefully everything went back to normal. Later attempts to upgrade to 3.16.7 or 3.17.2 showed the same issue, immediately at boot or after a while.

In order to investigate a little, I copied the partition and mounted it in qemu (snapshot mode, with cow file in tmpfs, debian kernel 3.16.7-2). I could see that btrfs always wrote the same ~8MB in loop. qemu used all cpu and when I stopped it, it wrote 190G and the generation number raised from 625955 to 853922.

I dumped the FS with btrfs-image. The restored FS has the same issue so I can send the image (78M) to anyone who would like to debug.

Which mount options are you using? This sounds like something in autodefrag...

-chris