On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Miao Xie <mi...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
The increase/decrease of bio counter is on the I/O path, so we should
use io_schedule() instead of schedule(), or the deadlock might be
triggered by the pending I/O in the plug list. io_schedule() can help
us because it will flush all the pending I/O before the task is going
to sleep.

Can you please describe this deadlock in more detail? schedule() also triggers a flush of the plug list, and if that's no longer sufficient we can run into other problems (especially with preemption on).

-chris