On 2014-12-01 08:38, MegaBrutal wrote:

We might want to consider adding an option to btrfs subvol del to ask for
confirmation (or make it do so by default and add an option to disable
asking for confirmation).

I've also noticed, a subvolume can just be deleted with an "rm -r",
just like an ordinary directory. I'd consider to only allow subvolume
deletions with exact "btrfs subvolume delete" commands, and they
should be protected against an ordinary "rm". There also could be a
tunable FS feature to allow or disable ordinary subvolume deletions,
which could be set or unset by btrfstune. I think a subvolume really
deserves to be treated specially over an ordinary directory.
I don't know what distro/kernel version you might be using, but every version of btrfs I have used required the use of 'btrfs subvol del' to actually delete a subvolume, even an empty one. It would not surprise me though if RHEL or SuSE had patched the kernel to allow using rm on a subvolume.