On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Miao Xie <mi...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
This patchset implement the device scrub/replace function for RAID56, the most implementation of the common data is similar to the other RAID type. The differentia or difficulty is the parity process. The basic idea is reading and check the data which has checksum out of the raid56 stripe lock, if the data is right, then lock the raid56 stripe, read out the other data in the same stripe, if no IO error happens, calculate the parity and check the original one, if the original parity is right, the scrub parity passes. or write out the new one. But if the common data(not parity) that we read out is wrong, we will try to recover it, and then check and repair the parity.

And in order to avoid making the code more and more complex, we copy some
code of common data process for the parity, the cleanup work is in my
TODO list.

We have done some test, the patchset worked well. Of course, more tests
are welcome. If you are interesting to use it or test it, you can pull
the patchset from

  https://github.com/miaoxie/linux-btrfs.git raid56-scrub-replace

Changelog v3 -> v4:
- Fix the problem that the scrub's raid bio was cached, which was reported
  by Chris.
- Remove the 10st patch, the deadlock that was described in that patch doesn't
  exist on the current kernel.
- Rebase the patchset to the top of integration branch

Thanks, I'll try this today. I need to rebase in a new version of the RCU patches, can you please cook one on top of v3.18-rc6 instead?

-chris