On 11 December 2014 at 12:37, Holger Hoffstätte
<holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> David,
>
> I was wondering if you could please send out announcements for btrfs-progs
> when you tag a release or -rc? There doesn't seem to be a good mechanism
> to track releases and IMHO the more people are notified, the more
> testing we can get, not to mention faster propagation into distros.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Holger
>
> --

Hi Holger,

I agree that announcements would be good, but I'd still like to point
out that, since the btrfs-progs repository is mirrored on github, you
can use the poorly advertised atom feed to keep track of tags:
https://github.com/kdave/btrfs-progs/releases.atom

Alas, there is no such feature for watching branches (it was
apparently discontinued). So I would (also) like to see announcements
when a new integration branch is made public. At present, I rely on
manually checking the branch list periodically.

Cheers,

WorMzy

(resent to btrfs mailing list too)