On 02/12/2015 02:19 AM, David Sterba wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 04:24:12PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
This tests are not even not bind to btrfs-progs.
They are kernel tests in fact.

So btrfs-progs isn't the best place for it.

Well, I agree. Userspace tools mostly exercise the checker, repair or
image, ie. mostly offline actions.  The mount test that now exists is to
really check that the fixed filesystem can be mounted.

The tests Anand proposes perform add, replace, seeding etc. That really
belongs to fstests.

 we could get sysfs data collection in fstests like this..

 _btrfs_progs()
 {
     btrfs $*
     [[ -z TEST_SYSFS ]] && collect_sysfs_data
 }
 and TEST_SYSFS must be set in the config file.

 Similarly for mount, unmount, modload and modunload etc..

For now my patches are already tested with test-btrfs-devmgt, which is uploaded here g...@github.com:asj/test-btrfs-devmgt.git for reference, (but I don't intend to maintain it though).

Thanks,  Anand