On 2015/02/22 03:02, Dave Stevens wrote:
If there's a better list please say so.

Either way, there is definitely not enough information here for us to give any practical advice. This is a btrfs-related mailing list and there's no indication even that you are using btrfs as your filesystem.

Typically, "linux raid autodetect" refers to mdraid, which is not btrfs - and changing the partition's "type" won't change the underlying issue of the data being unavailable.

I have a raid-10 array with two dirty drives and (according to the kernel) not enough mirrors to repair the raid-10. But I think drives sda and sdb are mirrored and maybe I could read the data off them if I changed the fs type from linux raid autodetect to ext3. is that reasonable?

If at least 3 disks are still in good condition, there's a chance that you can recover all your data. If not, my advice is to restore from backup. If you don't have backups ... well ... we have a couple of sayings about that, mostly along the lines of: If you don't have backups of it, it wasn't that important to begin with.

Run the following commands (as root) and send us the output - then maybe someone will be kind enough to point you in the right direction:
uname -a
cat /etc/*release
btrfs --version
btrfs fi show