Sorry about the late reply!!

On 03/10/2015 04:41 PM, Qu Wenruo wrote:

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: Quota limit question
From: Christian Robottom Reis <k...@canonical.com>
To: Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net>
Date: 2015年03月07日 05:44

Just as a follow-up, I upgraded btrfs-tools and the kernel again. I
currently have a filesystem which reports 1G exclusive use:

root@riff# btrfs qg show -r -e /var -p -c
qgroupid rfer excl max_rfer max_excl parent child -------- ---- ---- -------- -------- ------ -----
0/261         1.52GiB      1.01GiB        0.00B    100.00GiB ---     ---
It's recommended to sync the btrfs before 'qg show' command, since quota tree is not updated until commit transaction.

Yes, sync is required be fore qg show now. There is no ioctl to get qgroup info from kernel space, so we have to read the data from disk then we have to do a sync before we getting the correct information.

This filesystem reports over quota, and removing the quota fixes that:

root@riff# touch x
touch: cannot touch ‘x’: Disk quota exceeded
root@riff# btrfs qg limit -e
none 261 /var
root@riff# touch x
root@riff#

So at the moment quotas are pretty much unusable in kernel 3.18.6/tools
3.18.2, at least for my use case, and that's a bit surprising since
there isn't anything very interesting about it (other than it contains a
bunch of lxc-cloned rootfs).
Yes, Btrfs really has some problems, from yours to other annoying incorrect values.

[Some guess]
For your case, I'm afraid your reserved space in your qgroup takes too much space, and it's definitely a bug. Maybe some btrfs_qgroup_reserve() leaking?

Agreed, there must be a reserve leaking in your use case. And I have posted
some patches about qgroup.reserved. some of them is about reserved leaking.

Could you try the tree :

        btrfs:https://yangdongsh...@github.com/yangdongsheng/linux.git
qgroup_type
  btrfs-progs:https://yangdongsh...@github.com/yangdongsheng/btrfs-progs.git
qgroup_type

It could be working better but I can not guarantee your problem here will be solved by it.

[Reproducer]
Would you please describe your workload? Or some easy-to-reproduce scripts?

[Image dump/debug tree]
Another one which may help is your btrfs-debug-tree output on your quota tree.
You can dump it by "btrfs-debug-tree -t 8 <DEVICE>".
Or full disk metadata dump by "btrfs-image -c9 <DEVICE>"

A reproducer is great for investigation. "btrfs-debug-tree" is important to us.

Thanx
Yang

Thanks,
Qu

I've proactively added Yang who has submitted a few patches on quota
checking recently just to let me know if he thinks that this should be
fixed with a trunk kernel, or if he'd like to investigate or consider
this further. Thanks!