On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:07 PM, Martin <m_bt...@ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone with any comments on how well duperemove performs for TB-sized
> volumes?

Took many hours but less than a day for a few TB - I'm not sure
whether it is smart enough to take less time on subsequent scans like
bedup.

> Does it work across subvolumes? (Presumably not...)

As far as I can tell, yes.  Unless you pass a command-line option it
crosses filesystem boundaries and even scans non-btrfs filesystems
(like /proc, /dev, etc).  Obviously you'll want to avoid that since it
only wastes time and I can just imagine it trying to hash kcore and
such.

Other than being less-than-ideal intelligence-wise, it seemed
effective.  I can live with that in an early release like this.

--
Rich