On 2015-04-07 19:57, 인정식 wrote:
> Thank you for the information.
> I just found that btrfs-progs includes several files that seem modified from
> btrfs kernel source.
> I am not sure exactly what they are.
> Web pages say libbtrfs is to provide interface for apps that use btrfs.
> Why should there be duplicated codes between kernel and user space?
> Is it an on-going effort to port whole btrfs to user space?
>
> Could you lead me to some more information about libbtrfs or how to port
> btrfs to user space?
>
> Thank you,
> Jeongsik

As far as I understand it, the intent is to allow things like btrfs
check and btrfs restore to still work even if the kernel doesn't have
btrfs support.  From what I can tell, you are the first person to
actually be serious about getting BTRFS running in userspace, so there
probably isn't much BTRFS specific literature out there.

I would, however suggest looking at the FUSE drivers for ext4 and ZFS,
as those are both ported from kernel space, and should give some good
examples of where to start.