On 17/04/15 10:20, WangMike wrote:
Dear all,

We know that one cannot mount multiple btrfs file systems which contain the
same UUID (for example, snapshot ).

Is it possible to make use of "mount namespace" achieve that? means, if the
btrfs file system in different namespace can contain the same UUID.

I've encountered this problem using EC2 EBS volumes.

(the 'ghost image' (AMI) contains btrfs filesystems. This results in all child VMs having EBS volumes sharing the same UUID ... and it's then not being possible to move volumes around.)

I'm interested to know if there's a possible solution, aside hoping you can run mkfs.btrfs on first boot...

David.