Am Samstag, 18. April 2015, 01:08:44 schrieb Christoph Anton Mitterer:
> Hey.

Hi Christoph,

> I've seen that this has been asked some times before, and there are
> stackoverflow/etc. questions on that, but none with a really good
> answer.
>
> How can I best copy one btrfs filesystem (with snapshots and subvolumes)
> into another, especially with keeping the CoW/reflink status of all
> files?
> And ideally incrementally upgrade it later (again with all
> snapshots/subvols, and again not loosing the shared blocks between these
> files).
>
> send/receive apparently also works for just one subvolume,... and
> documentation is quite sparse :-/

To make it short and simple:

I am not aware of any out of the box solution for this use case.

And I think that is just why you didnĀ“t found any.

I want to buy a new backup harddisk sometime in the future, and ideally
transfer the contents of the current one with all subvolumes and
snapshots, but I think except for some old backups that I have only there
and I do not have the sources anymore, I will just start from scratch and
let it collect its own snapshots.

That said, I think it can be scripted. But I am not aware of anyone having
done this. I may be missing something, so maybe someone on the list has a
recommendation.

Ciao,