On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 08:18:30AM +0000, Duncan wrote:
> None None posted on Sat, 25 Apr 2015 05:56:50 +0200 as excerpted:
>
> > Omar Sandoval <osan...@osandov.com> írta:
> >>
> >>This is a known bug in v4.0. I sent in a patch [1] to revert the commit
> >>that caused the regression, but it didn&#39;t get any response. You
> >>could apply that or just revert 2f0810880f08 ("btrfs: delete chunk
> >>allocation attemp when setting block group ro") to fix your problem for
> >>now.
> >>
> >>[1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6238111/
> >>
> > I'll give it a try, thanks for the fast reply.
>
> FWIW, while I've not been following this /too/ closely (as my use-case
> has zero reason to do a convert), I believe I saw Chris and others
> discussing the patch, and I /think/ it (or an update) may have actually
> been in the 4.1 upgrade window pull.
>
> Presumably they'll queue it for stable too, once it's in 4.1 (or whatever
> if I'm wrong on the 4.1 pull).
>
> A verify either way would be useful, but as I said I've not been
> following it /too/ closely, and I'm still on 4.0 here, so...

Just reproduced the bug on Chris' integration-4.1 branch, which appears
to have everything that was pulled for 4.1-rc1 plus some more. Maybe
you're thinking of the original bisect report [1]? I never saw anything
else come out of that.

[1]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.btrfs/43117

--
Omar