Hi list,
I'm regular on this list and I very like btrfs, I want use it on production
server, and I want replace hw raid on it.

Test case: server with N scsi discs
2 SAS disks used for raid 1 root fs
If I just remove one disk physically, all okay, kernel show me write errors and
system continue work some time. But after first sync call, example
# sync
# dd if=/Dev/zero of=/zero

Kernel will crush and system freeze.
Yes, after reboot, I can mount with degraded and recovery options, and I can
add failed disk again, and btrfs will rebuild array.
But kernel crush and reboot expected in this case, or I can skip it? How?
# mount -o remount, degraded -> kernel crush
Insert failed disk again -> kernel crush

May be I missing something? I just want avoid shutdown time or/and reboot =.=