On 2015-06-17 11:40, Christian wrote:
On 06/17/2015 11:28 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

However, fstrim still gives me "0 B (0 bytes) trimmed, so that may be
another problem. Is there a way to check if trim works?

That sounds like maybe your SSD is blacklisted for trim, is all I can
think of. So trim shouldn't be the cause of the problem if it's being
blacklisted. The recent problems appear to be around newer SSDs that
support queue trim and newer kernels that issue queued trim. There
have been some patches related to trim to the kernel, but the
existence of blacklisting and claims of bugs in firmware make it
difficult to test and isolate.

http://techreport.com/news/28473/some-samsung-ssds-may-suffer-from-a-buggy-trim-implementation

This is an Intel SSD in a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon. Trim worked until a
few weeks ago and still works for my small ext4 boot partition (just ran
it to check). I will keep looking for a solution. Thanks!

I'm seeing the same issue here, but with a Crucial brand SSD. Somewhat interestingly, I don't see any issues like this with BTRFS on top of LVM's thin-provisioning volumes, or with any other filesystems, so I think it has something to do with how BTRFS is reporting unused space or how it is submitting the discard requests.