Am Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:46:30 -0700
schrieb Marc MERLIN <m...@merlins.org>:

> I tried ext4 to btrfs once a year ago and it severely mangled my
> filesystem.
> I looked at it as a cool feature/hack that may have worked some time ago, but
> that no one really uses anymore, and that may not work right at this
> point.

Just another data point: when I switched to btrfs in the middle of last year I
used btrfs-convert on two file systems (an SSD and my backup partition on a
USB 3.0 HDD), and it worked in both cases (i.e., no data loss). I did see some
strange balance issues (see the ML archives), but IIRC nothing really serious.

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup