On 16 July 2015 at 17:59, Hugo Mills <h...@carfax.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 01:12:03PM +1000, Paul Harvey wrote:
>> I for one would love to see authoritative documentation on "proper"
>> subvolume organization. I was completely lost when writing snazzer and
>> have so far received very little guidance or even offers of opinions
>> on this ML.
>
>    Advice on this point has been on the btrfs wiki for several years,
> at:
>
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SysadminGuide#Managing_snapshots
>
>    Hugo.

Which is great, and I've consulted it in the past. But nested
subvolumes aren't exactly discouraged there (in fact, they're not
mentioned in that section at all).

In fact, re-reading it, I'm not even sure that using nested subvolumes
is incompatible with that advice.

What I'm proposing is more thorough and assertive documentation that
matches the wisdom handed out on this list.

--
Paul