On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 06:52:07PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:22:56AM +0200, Brendan Hide wrote:
> > > It does not, I apparently forgot that you could use single to
> > > concatenate multiple devices. I'll fix that in v2.
> > >
> > > Thanks for reviewing!
> > >
> > Late to the party. DUP *implies* single device but there are cases
> > where dup is used on a multi-device fs. Even if the use-cases aren't
> > good or intended to be long-term, they are still valid, right?
>
> You're right, DUP is reported by 'fi df' after 2nd device is added and
> this state (even if it's temporary) has to be taken into account.

I wouldn't read too much into this, _btrfs_get_profile_configs is just
for tests that mkfs a bunch of new filesystems for testing, and in that
case, DUP is invalid for multiple devices. It's not meant to be an
authoritative source of truth regarding what metadata/data profiles
could be legal.

Thanks,
--
Omar