On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 6:52 PM, Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Four needed things:
> - kernel version

4.1.0-gentoo-r1, although I have also tried 4.1.4.

> - btrfs-progs version

4.1.2

> - complete dmesg for the failed mount

It really doesn't say much.  I have things like this:
[    8.643535] BTRFS info (device sdc): disk space caching is enabled
[    8.643789] BTRFS: failed to read the system array on sdc
[    8.706062] BTRFS: open_ctree failed
[    8.707124] BTRFS info (device sdc): disk space caching is enabled
[    8.710924] BTRFS: failed to read the system array on sdc
[    8.766080] BTRFS: open_ctree failed
[    8.766903] BTRFS info (device sdc): setting nodatacow, compression disabled
[    8.766905] BTRFS info (device sdc): disk space caching is enabled
[    8.767152] BTRFS: failed to read the system array on sdc
[    8.936019] BTRFS: open_ctree failed
[    8.936906] BTRFS info (device sdc): disk space caching is enabled
[    8.939922] BTRFS: failed to read the system array on sdc
[    8.995984] BTRFS: open_ctree failed
[    8.996796] BTRFS info (device sdc): disk space caching is enabled
[    8.997093] BTRFS: failed to read the system array on sdc
[    9.125936] BTRFS: open_ctree failed

Also, when I manually try to mount, I get things like this:

# mount /mnt/btrfs
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc,

       dmesg | tail or so.

For this fstab entry:
UUID=ecdff84d-b4a2-4286-a1c1-cd7e5396901c /mnt/btrfs btrfs
compress=lzo,noatime,space_cache 0 2

# mount -t btrfs /dev/sdd /mnt/btrfs
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdd,

       dmesg | tail or so.

> - complete btrfs check output (you mostly have this but since the
> version isn't included, it's not clear this is the entire output)

I pasted it all.

> The last two can be included as attachments in a bugzilla.kernel.org
> bug report and the URL posted in this thread. Typically MUA wrapping
> nerfs the dmesg making it hard to read, so attachments to a bug report
> are better.

Well, if I get something lengthy, I'll attach it to my bug report.
Did the information I reported help at all?  I think that btrfs just
isn't being informative about the problem.  Are there other commands I
can run to get more detailed reports?

BTW, I tried disconnecting the drive with the bad sector.  I still get
all the same errors and can't repair.

> Bugs get reported both in bugzilla and on the list.
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Problem_FAQ#How_do_I_report_bugs_and_issues.3F
>
> Sometimes it takes a while for devs to respond, they also get worked
> on even without responses just because there's so many improvements
> each release.
>

> --
> Chris Murphy
> --

Timothy Normand Miller, PhD
Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Binghamton University
http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~millerti/
Open Graphics Project