On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 09:07:34PM +0000, Ivan wrote:

> Just to add this:
>
> ivan@ipplus-dev:~$ sudo btrfs filesystem df /mnt/ambis/
> Data, single: total=108.76GiB, used=107.11GiB
> System, single: total=32.00MiB, used=20.00KiB
> Metadata, single: total=3.00GiB, used=2.34GiB
> ivan@ipplus-dev:~$

   (If you can't mount the FS, how did you get this output? -- In what
I say below, I'm asuming that this was the last output from btrfs fi
df on the broken filesystem before it broke).

   This is the problem: You're using single for everything. That means
that with the loss of one device, approximately one part in three of
your filesystem is missing, including the metadata. If the missing
drive is truly broken, this filesystem is dead, without any good means
of recovery. You'll need to use your backups.

   You would have to have RAID-1 system and metadata for the FS to be
even partly recoverable with a missing device. (Or RAID-10, -5 or -6).

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | "There's more than one way to do it" is not a
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | commandment. It is a dire warning.