Austin S Hemmelgarn posted on Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:46:28 -0400 as
excerpted:

> On 2015-09-15 14:42, Tyler Williams wrote:
>> So I only had qgroups enabled because at some point it seemed like it
>> gave me the size of individual snapshots. Would it be likely that if I
>> just removed qgroups from that volume that would prevent that message
>> in the future?
>>
> Maybe, I'm not entirely certain if disabling qgroups on a volume removes
> the qgroup metadata, and if the metadata is still there, it might still
> cause issues.  It's worth trying though because it shouldn't make
> anything worse than it already is.

Confirming the two-step, disabling unlikely to do it without removal...

I'm not a quota/qgroup user either, but FWIW, after someone else reported
problems (in that case, performance related) that I suspected were quota
related, as they ultimately turned out to be, he did say that simply
disabling quotas wasn't enough, he had to delete the quota tracking
metadata to eliminate the issue.  Without personal btrfs quota feature
experience I can't supply details as to what that involves, but he did
specifically mention that simply disabling them didn't solve the problem,
while removing them did.