在 2015年09月23日 21:12, David Sterba 写道:
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 02:36:02PM +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
Yeah, right now there's no persistent default for the allocator. I'm
still hoping that the object properties will magically solve that.

    There's no obvious place that filesystem-wide properties can be
stored, though. There's a userspace tool to manipulate the few current
FS-wide properties, but that's all special-cased to use the
"historical" ioctls for those properties, with no generalisation of a
property store, or even (IIRC) any external API for them.

 From the UI point, we proposed to add a specifier that would route the
property to either subvolume or the filesystem:

$ btrfs prop set -t filesystem bgtype raid0
$ btrfs prop set -t subvolume bgtype raid1

BTW, is btrfs going to support different chunk/bg type for subvolume?!
I thought data/meta/system chunk types are all per filesystem level,
and was planning to use superblock to record it...

If really to support that, does it mean we will have different meta/data type for each subvolume?
That's a little too flex for me....

Thanks,
Qu

How this will get stored in the xattrs is another question. As there's
always only single instance of the filesystem properties, it coud be
something like 'btrfs.fs.bgtype' and be stored as a xattr of the
toplevel subvolume.