Hi all,

I have an home server with 3 hard drives that I added to the same btrfs
filesystem. Several hours ago I run `btrfs balance start -dconvert=raid0 /` and
as soon as I run `btrfs fi show /` I lost my ssh connection to the machine. The
machine is still on, but it doesn’t even respond to ping: I always get a
request timeout and sometimes even an host is down message. Its fans are
spinning at full blast and the hard drives’s led are registering activity all
the time. I run Plex Home Theater too there and the display output is stuck at
the time when I run those two commands. I left it running because I fear to
lose everything by powering it down manually.

Should I leave it like this and let it finish? How long it might take? (I have
a 250gb internal hard drive, a 120gb usb 2.0 one and a 2TB usb 2.0 one so the
transfer speeds are pretty low) Is it safe to power it off manually? Should I
file a bug after it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carmine--