On 2015-10-30 05:45, Marcel Ritter wrote:
Hi btrfs-developers,

I just read about the possible/planned merge of richacl patches into
linux kernel 4.4.

s. http://lwn.net/Articles/661078/
s. http://lwn.net/Articles/661357/

Will btrfs support richacls with kernel 4.4?

According to the btrfs wiki, this topic has not been claimed:

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Project_ideas#RichACLs_.2F_NFS4_ACLS

As we'd like to use btrfs with NFSv4 I'd really like to see richacls on btrfs.

Hope someone can comment on this topic.

While I don't think we'll directly support richacls, it shouldn't be hard to integrate, as they're just stored in a couple of xattrs in the 'system' prefix. AFAICT, all that would really be needed is to make sure that things are wired up correctly so that we can differentiate between using POSIX ACL's and richacls (while I don't agree with a number of choices the developers have made with richacls (It should be relatively easy to find the long discussions we've had in the LKML archives), I do agree that these two different models should not be mixed).