On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 04:18:20PM -0500, Anna Schumaker wrote:

> I moved the rw_verify_area() calls into the fallback code since some
> filesystems can handle reflinking a large range.

Take a look at rw_verify_area() - it does a lot more than "trim down to
2Gb" - starting with "deal with mandatory locks".  LSM checks as well...

So that one is bogus, IMO.  I've no problem with fallback per se, but
rw_verify_area() should be unconditional here.  If anything, we might
add a variant that would skip the "trim down to 2Gb" and use it there,
but skipping it entirely is wrong.