Hey.

On Mon, 2015-11-23 at 20:56 +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
> This patch disables default features based on the running kernel.
Not sure if that's very realistic in practise (most people will have
some distro, whose btrfsprogs version probably matches the kernel), but
purely from the end-user PoV:

I would find it useful if btrfs gives a warning if it creates a
filesystem which (because unsupported in the current kernel) lacks
features which are considered default by then.

AFAIU, really "clonding" (I mean including all snapshots, subvols,
etc.) a btrfs is not possible right now (or is it?), so a btrfs is
something that rather should stay longer (as one cannot easily
copy&swap it to/with a new one)... so for me as an end-user, it may be
easier to switch to a newer kernel, in order to get a feature which is
default, than to migrate the fs later.

Cheers,
Chris.