On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 04:35 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> I'm a list regular and btrfs user, not a dev, but all the indications

> continue to point to _not_ running it automatically at boot, nobody
> even
> _suggesting_ otherwise.
Sure, I just asked because maybe that would have just been an
anachronism from the days btrfsck was much more alpha.

>   The btrfs kernel code itself detects and often
> corrects many problems, and btrfs check is simply not recommended for
> automatic at-boot scheduling -- if the kernel code can't fix it
> without
> intervention, then the problem is too serious to be fixed without
> intervention by some scheduled btrfs check run, as well.
I once had an issue with a btrfs, where the kernel didn't show anything
but btrfsck did...(not the one Qu's currently looking into).
And I though the same is basically the case for other filesystems like
ext.

> In fact, take a look at the shipped fsck.btrfs shell-script, based
> upon
> the xfs one.  As both the code and the comments suggest, it's
> specifically designed to simply return success
Sure, but that could have simply been forgotten to update...

Thanks for the update on the status in that matter :)
Cheers,
Chris.