On Fri, 2015-11-27 at 17:16 +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
>   I understand as a user, a full md/lvm set of features are important
>   to begin operations using btrfs and we don't have it yet. I have to
>   blame it on the priority list.
What's would be especially nice from the admin side, would be something
like /proc/mdstat, which centrally gives information about the health
of your RAID.

It can/should of course be more than just "OK" / "not OK"...
information about which devices are in which state, whether a
rebuild/reconstruction/scrub is going on, etc. pp.
Maybe even details of properties like chunk sizes (as far as these
apply to btrfs).

Having a dedicated monitoring process... well nice to have, but
something like mdstat is, always there, doesn't need special userland
tools and can easily used by 3rd party stuff like Icinga/Nagios
check_raid.
I think the keywords here are human readable + parseable... so maybe
even two files.

Cheers,
Chris.