On 12/2/15 3:23 AM, Qu Wenruo wrote:

> Qu Wenruo wrote on 2015/12/02 17:06 +0800:
>>

>> Russell Coker wrote on 2015/12/02 17:25 +1100:
>>>
>>> That option also works with Ext3/4 so it seems to be a standard way of
>>> dealing
>>> with this.  I think that BTRFS should do what Ext3/4 and XFS do in this
>>> regard.
>>>
>> BTW, does -o norecovery implies -o ro?
>>
>> If not, how does it keep the filesystem consistent?
>>
>> I'd like to follow that ext2/xfs behavior, but I'm not familiar with
>> those filesystems.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Qu
>>

> OK, norecovery implies ro.

For XFS, it doesn't imply it, it requires it; i.e. both must be stated
explicitly:

        /*
         * no recovery flag requires a read-only mount
         */
        if ((mp->m_flags & XFS_MOUNT_NORECOVERY) &&
            !(mp->m_flags & XFS_MOUNT_RDONLY)) {
                xfs_warn(mp, "no-recovery mounts must be read-only.");
                return -EINVAL;
        }

ext4 is the same, I believe:

        } else if (test_opt(sb, NOLOAD) && !(sb->s_flags & MS_RDONLY) &&
                   ext4_has_feature_journal_needs_recovery(sb)) {
                ext4_msg(sb, KERN_ERR, "required journal recovery "
                       "suppressed and not mounted read-only");
                goto failed_mount_wq;

so if you'd like btrfs to be consistent with these, I would not make
norecovery imply ro; rather, make I would make it require an explicit ro, i.e.

mount -o ro,norecovery

-Eric