Hello

As we know, two file systems with the same UUID (like reported by eg. "blkid")
are problematic, especially if both are mounted at the same time it leads to
data corruption. So, copying a BTRFS partition with eg. dd to another and use
it immediately is bad. To prevent this, "btrfstune -u /dev/sdaX" changes the
UUID of the given partition.

However, BTRFS subvolumes have their own UUID, which can be viewed eg. with
"btrfs sub list -u /mountpoint". This UUIDs are not changed by the command
above, and apparently there is no other way to do this.

My question is: Is this a problem similar to the main UUID? Can mounting two
BTRFS partitions with equal subvolume UUIDs (but different main UUID) can cause
data corruption?

(...well, and maybe someone could explain me what these subvol UUIDs are for in
the first place. Subvolumes already have an unique number, and from user p.o.v,
there isn't anything where the subvol UUIDs can be used at all (?))

Thank you

PS: Apologies for sending a second mail, somehow my first try didn't contain
any text